Are you looking for the best extra large high-sided litter box options for your large breed cat? This post is for you! With both open and covered litter pan options to choose from, check out 15 extra-large litter box options with high sides below.
Photo by Svetlana Rey via Canva
Our Selection Criteria
When evaluating extra-large high-sided litter box options for this post we were on the lookout for the following big cat (and human) friendly features;
- Must be suitable for use by large cat breeds
- To be considered “extra large”, litter boxes should be at least 20″ long
- To be considered “high-sided”, litter boxes should be at least 10″ high
- All litter boxes should be easy to clean and ergonomically designed
- Litter boxes must receive consistently high customer ratings and reviews
- Easy access designs that accommodate cats of all ages preferred
For the purposes of this post, self-cleaning litter box models have not been included.
Extra Large Open-Top Litter Box Options with High Sides
Without further ado, check out our top picks for the best open-top extra large litter box options with high sides below;
*Longest open litter box on this list*
*Highest open litter box on this list*
via Tuft and Paw
*with shelter wall add-on (sold separately)
Extra Large Enclosed Litter Box Options with High Sides
If your cat prefers the privacy of a covered/enclosed litter box (or you prefer not to see what’s in the box 24/7), check out these extra-large, high-sided enclosed litter box options instead;
*Longest covered litter box on this list*
Other options to consider
If your cat doesn’t like enclosed litter boxes and the high-sided litter box options above still aren’t tall enough for your cat, you might like to consider attaching a litter box pee shield to your litter box for additional height.
Alternatively, you could “hack” a suitably sized plastic storage container to suit your needs, like YouTuber, Fundamentally Feline has done (linked).